Saturday 19 November 2011

There's More Where That Came From

This month I've listened to Drake's 'Take Care', Florence + the Machine's 'Ceremonials' and Professor Green's 'At Your Inconvenience'. As you might be able to tell from my last post, I found that 'Take Care' was the best of the three. I tried to give each album the same time but it's impossible to do so. Florence really disappointed me. I realise that it's hard for artists to follow up a great debut album with a good second album but this isn't even an attempt at a solid record. It at most has two decent singles and is these are just surrounded by fillers to increase the number of tracks. My brother recently informed me that Professor Green was here in Ireland and his band's gear was stolen. Thankfully they got the stuff back but it was really the first time that I looked into his music. Is he an Eminem wannabe??? I don't think so. I enjoyed the album but I don't think his tracks can stand out unless he get's a female vocalist to do a chorus. Have a listen to some tracks for examples 'Read All About It' and 'Astronaut'. Don't let this put you off getting the album. It's a nice listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment