Saturday 19 November 2011

Time to Get Serious

I think it's about time that i start giving this some attention.
Since my last post I've had lots of time to listen to newly released albums. I had been really looking forward to the release of Drake's sophmore album Take Care. I first heard about Drizzy when 'Best I Ever Had' became a hit in the states. I listened to a few tracks off his mix tape but didn't get into it seriously. To be honest it wasn't until I went to the states last summer that I gave his debut studio album, Thank Me Later, a listen. I was blown away by it. Track after track. This was gold. The guy is something special. I spent most of my trips to work repeatedly listening to 'Fancy', 'Light Up' and my personal favourite 'Shut It Down'. I couldn't leave the album alone and was as excited as a little school girl when I heard that he had plans to release the second album on his birthday in late October and was subsequently disappointed when he had to reschedule the release until this month. It must be said that it was worth the wait. Fantastic album. 'Marvin's Room', 'Headlines' and 'Crew Love'......all just great tracks. Just leave it at that. October's Very Own (OVO)

No comments:

Post a Comment